Thursday 26 September 2013

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!

Oh dear... I've been sadly neglecting my blog for most of this year (which is a shame cos there's actually been lots of interesting stuff I could've been telling you about... new studio in Slaithwaite, the Birds exhibition I curated for Art Station). Anyway I just logged in for the first time since February and found this draft I never got around to posting! Oh well, here's some very, very, very late news to tell you about......

I had my first go at running craft stall. I thought I'd let you know how it went.

Slaithwaite Methodist Church looking festive for the Moonraking Festival Handmade trail.


I was asked if I wanted to take part in the Moonraking Handmade Trail at Slaithwaite Methodist Church (part of the Slaithwaite Moonraking Festival). Initially I was going to turn it down, because I really didn't think I'd have enough prints to fill a stall (as it turns out I did). Anyway, I decided to give it a go. I thought it would be good experience and a nice little event for my first foray into the world of the craft stall (and even if I didn't sell anything it would be an opportunity to get a bit of publicity and hand out a few business cards).

As it turned out, it couldn't have gone much better. I sold 3 prints and 44 postcards in just 3 hours. All the local Slawit people loved my wintery print of the radio transmitters at Pole Moor. I was quite surprised by this. It was interesting to find out how attached everyone is to these two aerials perched on the hill above Slaithwaite - so it's not just me that is fascinated by them.

My stall looked exactly like this

All in all a very positive experience. Look forward to doing it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment